Love This Life

I have been desperate to have a crafting play since getting back from our short (musical) holiday in Ireland as my motivation seems to still be somewhere else!


So I have had a lovely afternoon creating this tag with lots of my favourite textures, inks and elements, along with some new Tim Holtz embellishments which arrived while I was away.


The background tag is a combination of Ranger texture paste, builders sticky scrim and some Mixed Media die cut pieces which were given a good coat of gesso. When it was dry I then spritzed with Victorian Velvet, Dusty Concord and Broken China Distress Spray Inks. I realised I haven't used this combination for ages - it was always one of my favourites.


Then it was a case of having fun embellishing! There is some hessian and more scrim layered at the bottom, some lovely Tim Holtz Ephemera labels, Prima metal and lace and of course my handmade flowers.  I even had a go at adhering some micro beads ... 


All the flowers have been made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die (my all time favourite). The rolled rose was edged with Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord Distress Inks before being spritzed, scrunched and then created.


Vintage Photo Distress ink edged this one before being spritzed and scrunched. 


And of course there are always the little ones which get tucked in.

And the reason for focusing on the flowers is that the Monday Simon Says Stamp Challenge is all about handmade flowers this week. I have been meaning to join in with the Monday challenge for a long time, but this seems like a good challenge to start with given my love of handmade flowers!


I decided that this little quote was quite appropriate given that I seem to have found myself again ......

As always thank you for joining me and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Jennie x




Comments

Brenda Brown said…
Beautiful shabby effects Jennie, love the textures and of course your gorgeous flowers. Have a great weekend xxx
Inkypinkycraft said…
beautiful and such gorgeous textures and such softness x
Littlelamb said…
This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. Love everything about.
WOW in capital letters!! This is such a stunning tag! I am so impressed at how you blended all of those different textural patterns so perfectly. The end result is really amazing and I love how everything meshes together so elegantly. And those colors could not be more exquisite- especially for this time of year! This made me smile and be even more enthused for the coming of Spring and all its beautiful blooms! Thank you for sharing such a remarkable creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Marci said…
Gorgeous. I love the soft colors, layers, and your stunning flowers!
Simply stunning flowers, Jennie - and that textured background is fabulous too. Love the soft muted tones - such a romantic and delicate tag... it's wonderful.

I expect your fingers are still vibrating musically - but it looks to me as though the crafty Mojo is running pretty well alongside!
Alison x
A Pink said…
Really Gorgeous ! Jennie . Love the colour combo, the variety of texture and your arrangement is a wonderful focal point.
x