A Little Bit of Christmas Tag



I know we are not quite into December yet but I found a couple of tags whilst clearing out my "bits box" and thought they would make a good Christmas tag for our Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey. We all love this little challenge as it only happens a few times in the year (when there are five Friday's in the month), but it is a great chance to just .... well create!

Do hop on over to see what other tags have been made by my fabulous creative team mates.


There was a bit of smudgy stamping in the middle of the large tag, but this was easy to hide and I layered the other on top over some torn music paper and a bit of a doily. In my clear out I also found a huge wallet of rub ons which I have not used in absolutely ages.


I will have used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique but no idea what colours I used to get this rather gorgeous colouring. They might even have been mop ups!


I made a little cluster of leaves, flowers, berries and paper string and tied them with a tiny little piece of dyed ribbon found at the bottom of my ribbon box. It is great to use up all those little bits!


I spruced up the little doll dancer with some red ink - I think my Distress Markers have seen better days though!

A sweet little tag to get us in the mood for the start of the countdown to Christmas this weekend and a lovely opportunity to use up some leftovers!

Have a great weekend and happy crafting.

Jennie x



Comments

What a beautiful tag! The way you used up those scraps is amazing and I love the Christmas feel with those pretty heart-warming colours and fabulous layers - perfect 😁. Happy Tag Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x
Love the layered tags - how beautifully they work together. and the music and doily layer set them off so well too. The warm rosy reds are so pretty and heart-warming - a delightful tag.
Alison x
Beulah Bee said…
The rosey colors match the child's expression--a lovely combination and tag.
Annie said…
Your tag is beautiful Jennie and I adore the layers and beautiful bouquet perfectly complemented using the paper doll with her red shoes x

Have a lovely weekend
Annie xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Such a gorgeous tag Jennie, love the soft tones, unusual, but perfect for a Christmas creation! Love the flowers and berries and how you arranged them around that happy girl... Fabulous!
sarascloset said…
If these are leftovers, I'll take a double helping! Yum! The colors on both your tags are so lovely and lo and behold, they work perfectly with one another! I love your gathered and collaged bits and your sweetly tinted Paper Doll. What a stunning tag to get us in the spirit of Christmas! Hugs!
Julia Aston said…
what a sweet tag Jennie! Love the watery cranberry color on this and your beautiful layering! xx