Sparkle and Shine for Eileen Hull Designs


This month Eileen's teams are putting on the sparkle and shine!


I am sharing a simple card which makes good use of my expensive gold sparkle sheet but which can also be done as a "production run" with die cutting and embossing before making up the card.


My finished card measures 3¾" x 5"  and I have cut my gold sheet slightly smaller at 3⅝" x 4⅞". This is just the perfect size to cut the floral wreath and the banner but still leaving a border.


The cut out piece from the middle of the wreath was just large enough to cut out the bow!


This gave me my three pieces for the card and the gold sheet for layering.


I used the Crochet Mandala 3D Embossing Folder for my top layer. This piece measures 4½" x 3¼" and I have used plain white cardstock.


Two nice layers on my card base and no sign of the cutting underneath!


I always like to make an insert for my cards. I just use ordinary copy paper cut slightly smaller than the card and I emboss the corners with this amazing little Fiskers punch I bought many many years ago. It really adds a lovely touch.


The finished card !

This will certainly be my "production run" card when I get the chance to have a good making session and although the photographs don't really do it justice, the gold sparkle is just wonderful against the white.

Thank you for joining me today and happy sparkly crafting!

Jennie x

Products used:

Sizzix/Eileen Hull Thinlits Die Set Wreath & Snowflake #665326
Sizzix/Eileen Hull Thinlits Die Set Shadow Box Frames #1 #665938
Sizzix/Eileen Hull 3D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Crochet Mandala #665915


Comments

eileen hull said…
The touch of glitter paper is just enough surrounded by white. So elegant!
Sheila said…
So clever to use up the gold after cutting for the middle layer.👏🏻
Ginny Benbow said…
Jennie Thankyou for sharing this card I love that you used all the gold sparkle very clever.
A beautiful card ❤️