Eileen Hull/Sizzix June Release : Flowers Everywhere!

It is amazing how quickly the months come around and today we are celebrating another new release from Eileen to go along with the re-release of the three classic Scoreboards dies, Treasure Box, Stacking Drawer and Notebook,  released in the UK last month. 

Along with this collection is a new four layer stencil and co-ordinating Thinlits die. The Watercolour Florals and Lattice stencil is based on a watercolour painted by Eileen. There are three stencil layers to give dimension and then a fourth layer versatile lattic design that can also be used to create a plaid pattern. Painterly Blooms and Background is a die that perfectly die cuts the stencilled flowers so no fussy cutting is needed, plus there are extra flower shapes so you can layer them for dimension florals.


I will certainly be using the stencils for some watercolour designs later in the month, but for my samples for the release I concentrated on using the die for cutting flowers which I have then used to decorate a sewing book and sleeve using the Notebook Die.

First up is this felt needle case using two covers cut in felt from the Notebook Die. The flowers were cut from felt and then embroidered onto the front. I used a few simple embroidery stitches along with some french knots to hold everything in place.



Next up is this sleeve wallet again using the Notebook Die as the base.



Cut from white felt and layered with lace, the flowers were then stitched onto the front in the same way as the needle case but I added a few silk ribbon flowers in the gaps. I love the neutral colours on the white lace.


I had a piece of quilted material leftover from a project I made my Granddaughter at Christmas and seeing the Notebook Die just about fitted I cut it out and bound the edges with a contrasting bias binding, tucking in a couple of pockets on the front. A bit of an inside out book this !



Again it makes a lovely little needlecase which I am sure she will appreciate to go with her Christmas present!

My final make for this release is a vintage style tag (getting back into the way of making these!) and I have used the large stencil to create the background using crackle paste.


You can also see that the lattice stencil works well on the background too using Distress Inks - a subtle look but I always love that in a background.


I hope you will be able to join Eileen and the team members for the release party later today and I am sure you are going to love the ideas everyone has come up with for these super stencils. Click the link HERE to go to Eileen Hull Designs and the link to all the team members taking part.


I'll be back in a couple of weeks with a tutorial for some of these makes, but in the meantime I hope they give you some ideas of how versatile these dies are for creating lots of wonderful designs.

As always thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Jennie x



Comments

eileen hull said…
So gorgeous as always Jennie! Thanks for sharing your beautiful makes!
Pammejo said…
Gorgeous Jennie...always in awe over your creations!