True friends are like butterflies ...........



True friends are like butterflies -
the beauty of their friendship
never dies .........
 
 
 
 
I have always loved this quote (not too sure where it is from, but it is in my little book) and it fits in well with a couple of challenges this week.   
 
This is a very colourful photograph of my four school friends taken during their visit to Shetland in May when we stayed at the Bressay Lighthouse. 
 
We had a cracker of a week of weather and this was taken outside at about 9 pm (see the blue sky!) after a reasonable amount of wine had been drunk and we all got a fit of the giggles at Cathy setting the photo up.  But it is one of my favourite photos of all of us!
 
I thought the colours would fit in well with the CSI Challenge this week but once I started I found it quite difficult!
 
 
 
We had the addition of a sketch this week too! 
 
For my evidence I used punched circles, tickets, polka dots, text pattern, music pattern and string.  I made my own polka dot paper using an embossing folder and used my only circle punch to make the banner, embellishments and rolled roses.   And for the testimony I hand wrote my journalling (the quote) on shrink plastic (I can live with my writing when shrunk!!).
 
The butterfly theme also fits in with the current challenge at Anything But A Card which is "Wings".  There are some super DT pieces and some amazing submissions.  What I love about this challenge is that it really is anything but a card and encourages lots of different types of art submissions.  Alot of inspiration and worth a visit.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you haven't got too much snow - just a sprinkling here and very icy - a bit like Narnia!
 
 
PS  The significance of "Play to Win" ..........  we played UNO every night and it got REALLY competitive!


Comments

Elizabeth said…
Great layout - your choice of a fairly neutral colour for the background is perfect with the reds, creams and blue in the embellishments. Love your clusters and your banner made from circles too. Elizabeth xx
Debbie said…
Gorgeous LO Jennie.
Just love the sketch it's lovely.
Debbiex
Hettie said…
Gorgeous layout Jennie and I love how you have done the embellishments.
May I borrow your quote please as I have a great photo of some friends?
Hettie
x
chrissie said…
Such a fun page Jennie it made me happy just looking at it. The shape of the pendants is terrific-made a note of those for sure.

Love Chrissie xx
Jackie said…
the photo of you with your friends is so lovely. I have friends like that where you can pick up just as you left off, no conditions.
I can't find your email address to reply to your comment but yes, we'll see you in BV!
Alison said…
Such a wonderful, fun photo, & your LO is simply delightful! xx
Christy said…
Sooo pretty and I love that butterfly tucked at the top! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card! :) :) :)
Margaret said…
Such a beautiful layout and your picture is wonderful! I really like the variety of prints on this page too! Thanks so much for joining us again at Anything But a Card!