Joy



I have never bought a scrapbook kit before, but when I saw the kit on offer this month at Craftz Boutique I just had to have it!  I mean I really need more papers ....... !

When it arrived, the colours were just soooooo wonderful I decided that this was for me and did this layout of an old photograph of me taken in 1975.    Hmmmm ...... not a great photograph but it was taken on a very special day and the big envelope holds the details.

The papers are from Basic Grey's Serenede and that wonderful flower is from a Bo Bunny set of earth flowers.  Needless to say it was taken to pieces, studied and stuck together again before being stuck on the layout! 
 
Those gorgeous leaves were also in the pack, along with some other wonderful bits and pieces that I would never have bought myself, but which I have really enjoyed working with (I did another layout with the papers today). 
 
I have also just got this Cheery Lynn doily die, which I think is going to be well used.
 
The colours fit in nicely with Case File No. 55 at CSI this week. I used flowers, leaves and tone on tone from the evidence and my envelope contains six prompts of why the day was so special. 
 
It is really worth visiting the Design Team Page HERE for some absolutely jaw dropping layouts. 
 
 
I must say it was really lovely not to have to go hawking through all my supplies to look for papers and embellishments.  I thoroughly enjoyed just scrapping the page. And, amazingly I decided not to be too precious about cutting into the papers - one of my new year resolutions!  I am not sure that I would get a kit every month, but I shall certainly keep a look out for what is coming up.  
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Jennie, this is a beautiful layout. I've not used a kit before, but what you have used is stunning. Love the colours. So, the doily in the background is your new die? I can see how it would be used a great deal. have a great week, cheers, Di
Astrid Maclean said…
Fantastic LO Jennie, I love how you have managed to use so many different elements and they all work so well together! Must check out those kits...., cos like you I really need more paper..... (not...)
Delicious layout... I love the elements fanning out from the corner - lovely!
Alison x