A Quiet Moment ............






Lilac, light blue and light pink and lots of flowers.  How could I resist this week's CSI Challenge!

This lovely photograph is of my Aunt and Uncle enjoying a bit of peace during our son and daughter in law's wedding a couple of years ago. They found a lovely seat in an alcove in the castle gardens and my other Aunt snapped them looking so natural and relaxed. My Aunt's dress is just a perfect match for the CSI colours and she will love all the flowers - not sure that my farmer, ex rubgy playing Uncle will though!


More handmade flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  I have found that using my already crushed petals I can mould them into some interesting shapes.  I've now got a list of flowers waiting for tutorials!


I hadn't intended to put many flowers in this area, but unfortunately the red on the other side of the paper started to bleed through once I started using the watery glimmer mists.  So alot of "hiding" going on here!!

The challenge colours:

 

 Evidence:  
flowers, pleating, texture paste and fabric
Testimony: 
inspiration words:  soft, lovely, quiet
I would really recommend a visit to the CSI Design Team layouts, they are absolutely stunning! and I am being inspired so much by their techniques and styles of layout. Click here and scroll down the page a bit: 
Thanks for visiting and I hope you are enjoying your week.

Comments

Artyjen said…
Ooh! That's gorgeous ;)
xoxo Sioux
Sue said…
Another stunning layout and those flowers are just gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial, I'll be having a go at the weekend.
Netty said…
Beautiful page Jennie, Annette x
Alison said…
You've created a beautiful tranquil page, that goes perfectly with that lovely photo Jennie! xx
chrissie said…
This is just wonderful and I loved your post telling about the quiet moment Jennie.

All of your flowers look just right on the page and I bet your uncle with love them.

Best wishes Chrissie xx
Margaret said…
Beautiful page and I love the trailing flowers, even if they are there to cover some color!! It reminds me of a little path to the other fence.