Make it Count

 Hello and Welcome! 

It has been a bit grey this last week here in the North, so I seem to be turning to brighter colours to bring a little sunshine into the craft room. And the new Crackling Campfire Distress Ink really gives you that lift!


Today is the fifth Friday of the month and so we have a Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey. The chance to have a play, use your imagination and ..... make it count! So that's what I did and bought them all together in this tag.


This was the base tag before I started embellishing it. Sprayed Crackling Campfire Distress combined with Fossilised Amber and a bit of Speckled Egg Oxide Distress picked up off the craft mat at the end. I have used a combination of stamping and rub ons and also added some texture with Distress Texture Paste which was then embossed with gold embossing powder.  I love layering tags but it is always a shame to lose some of the best bits in the middle of the tag!


I love this bookplate frame and never tire of it. I have die cut it from very thick card and used white embossing powder but distressed the edges a bit so I could add Vintage Photo Distress Ink. For some reason this Photo Booth picture reminded me of my Mum. 


These were yellow flowers which I sprayed with Crackling Campfire ... I love the way the inks take to different substrates and base colours so they all match on the tag but are all different in hue.


I probably spent more time trying to get that bit of string behind the frame than embellishing the whole tag! and it's still not right !


The ribbon was also dyed with Crackling Campfire .... are you getting that I really love this colour!


A fun play and nice to be back in the craft room creating. I have "come in from the garden" (so to speak!). It has been a lovely summer at home and I have really enjoyed the long hours spent in the borders and recreating the field garden next to the house. But time now to get cracking on some new projects.

As always thank you for joining me today and do hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see all the wonderful tags created by the team - it is our favourite part of the monthly schedule.

Have a great weekend!

Jennie x


Comments

Jenny said…
Beautiful colors. Love the idea. Thanks for sharing.
Julia Aston said…
That Crackling Campfire really is so bright and firey! Love the splatters of Speckled egg over it - a wonderful layering of panels, stenciling, and frame - love the pretty flowers below it too! xx
What a gorgeous tag - so lovely to see you in full vivid fiery mode with the Crackling Campfire - you wear it well! Love the layered tags, and sweet photo.
Alison x
Wow, such an amazing tag! I love how you layered all the smaller tags together and that Crackling Campfire is a beautiful addition to cheer us up 😁. Take care and wishing you a very Happy Tag Friday! Hugs, Jo x