Sizzix/Eileen Hull Chapter 1 Book Box and Gel Press Prints


This has to be my favourite (well current!) of Eileen's dies as I have been making book boxes for years and am now delighted to be able to die cut the pieces!


Eileen's Inspiration Team has been collaborating with Gel Press these last couple of months and all the papers for this little box were created using a Gel Press 5" x 7" plate along with a couple of their Impressions Plates and PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints.


This tutorial is mainly based around showing how the papers have been made so I'll dive straight in with the video (the gel press tutorial starts at 1:02)


So with plenty of papers I set about covering the various parts of my box, in fact cutting the sides quite randomly and was very surprised when everything was stuck down and they lined up !! 


Serendity indeed!


I didn't have enough papers to cover the box and make the little books so I used PaperArtsy Double Denim Fresco Paint on the spine and on the inside back cover as it was being covered by the box.


I made an extra piece to fit inside the box. The butterfly here and elsewhere were stamped on a Gel Press print then layered on the papers. It gives a cohesive look all being created from the same prints and paints.


This is a little collage on the inside of the box (stamps are by PaperArtsy designed by Gwen Lafleur and Scrapcosy)


I quite liked this idea as a closure, just sufficient to keep everything in!


I kept the front decoration simple as I didn't want to hide any of the gel prints!


And so to the little books. I cut covers from cardstock measuring 8½" x 5½" which when folded in half makes a booklet measuring 4¼" by 5½" and fits the box perfectly. I made a booklet of 5 sheets cut the same size and sitched them in down the spine.


The covers of this book were covered with two pieces embossed using Eileen's Vintage Buttons Embossing Folder (another Chapter 1 Release). It is difficult to see the beautiful raised buttons in the photograph but it really is a super embossed depth.


Carrying on the theme of buttons I clustered a few over some more PaperArtsy stamps and a die cut piece of the Gel Press print. 


A second book was made in the same way using similar stamped embellishments for the cover.


The third book is a little folder made using a piece of cardstock the same size as the books.

Inside I used the last little strips of prints to make an insert for each side and used the tiniest little scrap to create a little tuck spot for some tiny tickets. 

A great little box which was fun to make, create the papers and a nice gift for someone special.

As always thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Dies and Products Used:

Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Box Book #665873

Sizzix 3D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Vintage Buttons #665728








 

Comments

Rita said…
What a Wonderful Box Jennie. I love the colours. Hugs Rita xx