Sizzix/Eileen Hull Chapter 1 Release : Phone Stand Book


Hello and welcome.

Today I am sharing a tutorial for this small book from Eileen Hull's Phone Stand Die, part of her new Chapter 1 Release. I am delighted to have been invited by Eileen to her Inspiration Team and I hope this small project inspires you!


As part of our collaboration with Gel Press I used prints created with the Gel Press, Distress Paints and Embossing Folders. These were then decorated with some favourite Tim Holtz stamps and embellishments.

And so first to the Gel Press Prints:

Two Distress Paint colours were used in each set along with an embossing folder.


Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen Distress Paint


Speckled Egg and Antique Linen Distress Paint

And here is a short video of the process (the tutorial starts at 0:51)

And so to the book:


I have laid the Phone Stand on it's side and placed the tabbed part into the left hand edge.


I glued this side hinge so there was a slight gap so the cover can fold.



As you can see when inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink it looks like a piano hinge.





Then on the back I used the third piece to add a bit of support.


When inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink it looks like a piece of suede !


To decorate the cover of the book I cut individual pages to fit and stamped with some of my favourite small Tim Holtz stamps and added Vintage Photo around the edges before adding the embellishments.


The book needed a closure to hold the pages together inside, so I used the Tab from Eileen's Full Size Journal which again looks like suede when inked. I have used a Tim Holtz Rub On for the title.


 I punched a hole in the back cover before decorating the inside so the elastic knot is hidden but you could just as easily make this a stand alone closure.


The book inside is made from two sheets of tea dyed paper cut to 11" x 3½" folded in half and then sewn together down the middle.


I captured some lace in between as well just to add a little texture.


Some of the pages were decorated with the Gel Press prints, others left plain. I love stamping lots of little labels and adding them in layers. Some of the labels were stamped on the prints for a more cohesive look.






The back page of the book has been glued to the inside back cover and I made a small pocket on the inside front cover for more labels.


If you are still here well done! 
I hope this project gives you some ideas of what you can make if you think outside the box ..... 
or rather outside the Phone Stand. Eileen's dies are really very adaptable to lots of different ideas and makes the purchase of the die a good investment.

As always thank you for joining me and happy crafting!
Jennie x



Eileen Hull Dies used:
Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Phone Stand #665872
Sizzix ScoreBoards Plus Die - Full Size Journal #665589







Comments

Lisa Townsend said…
Beautiful project Jennie!
You did a beautiful job Jennie! Thanks for sharing!
Rita said…
Morning Jennie, Love your pincushion, so beautiful. Need to have another catch-up once the better weather come in.Please let me know when you are next likely to be in Central Scotland. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx