ABAC Colour Challenge ..........

First of all, a HUGE welcome to those of you who have joined my  blog this week. I really appreciate your support and comments.  What is amazing is how the weeks fly by and here we are with another Anything But A Card Challenge and this time it is all about COLOUR ....


... in fact these colours!


We want to see what you can make with these fun, vibrant and bright colours.  The theme is open so the possibilities are endless .....


... in fact anything but a card!  

You can use two, three or all five colours. 



I love colour challenges as you never know where the colours will take you.  I started off looking for bright colours to go with this photograph, but ended up using more subtle ones!


This is a purely papers scrapbook layout as sometimes I find it refreshing to work quickly and cleanly, however, I did get the sewing machine out to do some stitching here and there and I couldn't help using a bit of scrim. 

Our little grandson loves our old doors which have the old wooden keyhole covers over the keyhole - I wonder how many generations of children have played with them in this house! 

This page came together very quickly as it really is a repetition of elements.  However, I did try and use all the colours - there is a little bit of pink in there, even though it is a little boy's page!  



As this is the second week of the challenge there are already some wonderful entries alongside the fabulous Design Team pieces, so click the link HERE to be whisked over to the ABAC challenge page and HERE for this week's Design Team pieces.

Thanks for looking and I hope you give the challenge a go as it really is a lot of fun x



Comments

Netty said…
terrific layout Jennie. Hugs Annette x
Astrid Maclean said…
Great lay out and those colours look just lovely!!
A great layout, Jennie - subtle use of the colours, and beautifully composed!
Alison xx
Brenda Brown said…
Love how you have brought all the colours together on this fabulous layout. Is that bookbinder's scrim you are using? I must look mine out. TFS.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Gráinne said…
What a great scrapbook page and I love the story with your grandson. I can relate to his love of old doors and their keyholes :-) A very beautiful layout. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Suzanne
Alison said…
Your layout is beautiful Jennie, a wonderful setting for that adorable photo!
Alison xx
Unknown said…
Awwww, your Grandson is a handsome chap! A beautiful page, great layout and fab use of the nominated colours. Chris xxx