Anything But A Card Challenge : Make an ATC



Sunday again and welcome to the current Anything But a Card Challenge which is ........ 


..... make an ATC (Artist Trading Card).  

Any theme, products or techniques you like as long as it is an ATC. So a really great challenge.  Click the link HERE to go to the challenge blog and some info about ATCs.  Last week the Design Team posted some fantastic work and you will have a similar treat this week.  One week left for the challenge, so why not have a go! 

I love ATCs as it is a chance to try out a new technique as you are only working with a small area and if it doesn't work it can go in the bin! So this is a new technique for me and I just LOVE the texture and finish.  A bit photo heavy but here are the steps (as much for me to remember how I did it!):



I have had a good clear out of old dress patterns (I'll never be a size 10 again ... even in my wildest dreams), so I scrunched some bits on my ATC and coated everything with Mod Podge (but I think any PVA glue would do).



Then I added a bit of lace .....



..... and some netting. Again all with Mod Modge.



And when it dried and got trimmed up it looked like this - pretty awful!



I covered the whole lot with some gesso - getting better!



And when that dried I started spraying with some mists - my own handmade mists with Victorian Velvet and Wild Honey re-inkers mixed with Perfect Pearls Biscotti (I just love this!) and some Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist. I just let the ink "puddle" in the textures and left it overnight to dry.



It took a bit to get the ATC flat! and I felt the edges needed the help of a gold Calligraphy pen.  I just LOVE the texture and would certainly do this again on a larger area.





I didn't want to add too much embellishment as I didn't want to hide the lovely texture.   I found some really tiny little buttons which I altered with Ranger Picket Fence Crackle Paint and made two really tiny little rolled roses from some handmade paper (almost like thin felt).  I got these wooden dress forms in Aberdeen Hobbycraft (they were in the sale bin for a £1!.  I just wished I had bought the lot!



Well thank you for looking and have a lovely crafting week x




Comments

Absolutely stunning ATC, Jennie - the texture and the misting make for a showstopping background. Another masterpiece - you're on an amazing creative roll - hope you're also enjoying your break!!
Alison xx
Brenda Brown said…
Fabulous Jennie. I love the textured background, the lovely colours and wonderful design.
Hugs Brenda xox
Inkypinkycraft said…
Absolutely yummy .love the gorgeous background you have created , a really beautiful piece hugs trace x
Paper Profusion said…
Just beautiful Jennie. Nicola x
Jennie I so agree with you about the fabulous tissue that is dress patterns! The colour and texture are perfect. Your ATC is delightful.
Julia S-W said…
Fantastic ATC Jennie and I just love how you show each step - there can never be too many photos for me! From something plain and odd looking you make this beautifully coloured, layered and textured piece which is stunning. Hope you are well.
Juliaxxx
Alison said…
Oh my...This is stunning Jennie...thanks for sharing your fabulous background technique! xx