Fibres, Fabric and Felt for Eileen Hull Designs

 Hello and welcome to my first monthly post as part of Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team. 

This month we are playing with Fibres, Fabric and Felt and I pulled together some favourite colours, lace, linen and other embellishments to create the front of this Book Box (one of Eileen's Chapter 1 Release Dies).


I have used a couple of brads and some chain and beads from an old necklace as a closure.

And for the inside of the box you will recognise the Mixed Media Shadow Box I created as part of Eileen's stamp release last week.

So here are the details of how it was created:

I do like to gather supplies before I start. I had in mind soft grey/cream/pink tones for the cover of my box. You can see I have bits of lace, ribbon, muslin, calico, linen ......... I sometimes don't use everything but it gives me a nice "kit" to start with.

Here are the steps of how I created the layers:




I have used Eileen Hulls Book Box Die to make the covers of the book. These were painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic (Eggshell) and Vintage Photo Distress Ink was blended around the edges.


Before creating the collage on the inside front cover I gave it a bit of texture using some crackle texture paste through a stencil and added a little stamping - although most of it got covered up in the end!


I have used Eileen's Heart Mandala for the base cut from tea dyed paper and have then layered elements stamped from her new stamp release.

I love this little stamp so decided to stamp it on the back.


Finally I glued in the Mixed Media Shadow Box I created last month for the stamp release.


Check out my YouTube tutorial if you would like to see how the shadow box was made:


And if you enjoy it you might like to subscribe as I am creating YouTube videos for many of my projects.

As always thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Products used:

Sizzix Scoreboards XL Die Book Box #665873
Sizzix Thinlits Die : Heart Mandala #665587

Eileen Hull/Maker Forte Stamps
Snail Mail Postage
Button Cards #2

Comments

Beautiful as always!
Lisa Hoel said…
gorgeous Jennie!!