CCC32 : Inking and Stamping Masks

Well ....... more like a three in one ............

  • the Compendium of Curiorisities Challenge this week is the technique of inking and stamping masks;
  • I have just got these wondeful sailing stamps from Crafty Individuals and was desperate to use them; and
  • I needed to make a birthday card for my son (hope he is not looking at this!).

If you want to find out more about the technique it is on page 59 of the wonderful C of C book and for some absolutely wonderful interpretations click the link for Linda's blog here:  Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 32

I have not seen any Blank Mask Sheets available here in the UK - anyone any ideas where I might get some?  So I had to resort to the good old post it mask, but it is still reasonably effective.  I used Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire and Dusky Concorde DIs - I am beginning to like this combination. 

A bit of a minimalist card - my boys don't like fussy things AND given the mess we are in at the moment with a new kitchen being fitted its a wonder I made anything at all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a lovely combination of colours Jennie! Great card for your son, I love that new CI stamp! The Artistic Stamper have the blank mask sheets btw.
Alison xx
Candy C said…
Your card for the CCC challenge is so pretty! LOVE the colors you chose and your masking job is perfect! All of the background nautical stamps you chose to accent the ship are such a wonderful compliment to the ship itself! Beautiful!!!
Pam said…
Fabulous job! Excellent masking! Love it!
Pam
Linda Ledbetter said…
Well, this is just magnificent, Jennie! Your masking work is gorgeous, and the tall shop and navigation-themed stamps are perfect for this technique. You're created a really dreamy, magical look that's so inviting. Love those colors, too!

Alison's right-- you can get the plain mask sheets from Jennie at The Artistic Stamper (another wonderful Jennie!).