12 Tags of 2015 : Happy Christmas!


What better way than to wish all my lovely blogging followers and friends a happy Christmas by sharing my take on Tim's wonderful December tag.


As usual all the details for Tim's tag are HERE and it won't take you a nano second to realise that mine is a little different! 

With no hessian I turned to vintage linen (another piece from one of my mother's unstarted linen embroideries) and I wanted a softer look so I went for Evergreen Bough instead of Fired Brick.


This really is a fabulous technique and one I must remember to use again!


The ribbon was made using the Stampin Up Ribbon Punch but got a TH make-over with some inks and distressing! I didn't have any bells or baubles small enough so used three very small tattered florals from the Tattered Florals Garland die. And … … I must remember to buy one of Tim's splatter brushes in the New Year - some rather unfortunate blobs!

Some creative fun in the midst of the last bits and pieces of Christmas.

And now all is done and ready … just to clear up the kitchen after Terry has made the sausage rolls and carrot cake - bless him! He has already made fudge, peppermint creams and ginger biscuits.

So it just remains for me to wish you all a very happy, peaceful and cozy Christmas wherever you are and whoever you are with.

Love and hugs
Jennie x







Comments

Love the soft green in the background - and the pretty flowery garland - a lovely take on the December tag, Jennie, especially with that beautiful vintage linen as the base.

Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
Alison xx
Nikki Acton said…
Beautiful version Jennie! Merry Christmas - hope the weather is ok and you have a wonderful time xxx
Sandy said…
Gorgeous - I love your tag. Al of the tags have turned out beautifully. I think of all of the techniques I like the one the best!
Merry Christmas Jennie!
sandy xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Beautiful background on your stunning version of the original and I just love how you gave it your own touch! Hope you are enjoying a peaceful and merry Christmas!xxxx
Julia S-W said…
Just saw this on Pinterest Jennie. It's really beautiful and I love the fact that you've used some of your Mum's linen in the background. Julia xx
Barbara said…
Love your fab version of Tim's tag! I'm so in late with comments....Barbarayaya