Beauty in Simplicity

Hello everyone on this fourth day of Christmas and I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season. It is my turn to share a project at Country View Challenges today for our theme:

Make A Scene


You will remember how much I enjoyed making a little shadow box at Michelle Webb's workshop back in November, so I couldn't resist making one of my own from heavy cardstock and decorating it with a little scene made up of some Tando Creatives die cuts I bought whilst on the workshop.



I created my background by first painting the greyboard with gesso and then a couple of coats of PaperArtsy Fresco Paint in Snowflake. I then created a little texture with some Crackle Paste and a Harlequinn stencil and once this had dried I overlaid a watery mix of Pansy Fresco Paint. Once the box was put together I gave everything a good splattering with gesso!



These gorgeous Tando treas got a coating of Snowflake Fresco Paint and then Rock Candy Distress Crackle applied here and there. I also added some Rock Candy to the little ceramic flowers to give them a little sparkle.



And would you know that this is a Beach Hut !!!!! I had great fun putting this little shed together with text paper and crackle paint. 


And so my finished boxed wintry scene, which glitters beautifully in candlelight.

Thank you for joining me today and my best wishes to you all for the rest of the festive season.


Jennie x














Comments

Monika Gulyas said…
Gorgeous wintery scene, Jennie! I love it!!!
A Pink said…
So beautiful! Jennie love the delicate tones and all the touches of subtle rock candy crackle creating a delicate sparkle . The little beach hut is so cute . Wonderful design and composition .
Hope you have had a lovely Christmas and that the adverse weather hasn't dampened your enjoyment of the festive season .
take care
hugs x
Marci said…
So beautiful and wintery
Astrid Maclean said…
A fabulous little scene Jennie, love those wintry pale hues and the crackle looks wonderful!
sarascloset said…
Hi Jennie,
I'm finally coming up for air, and your's is one of the first blogs I've gotten to visit. Boy, do I have a lot of catching up to do! You have certainly been on my mind! I pray you are doing well.

Your wintry, crackly scene is just wonderful! It certainly reflects your soft,delicate style! I love the icy background and embellishments, and I bet this just shimmers in real life! Gorgeous!

I hope to get to see more of all the lovely creations you've made as my days start to get back to normal! Big hugs and all the best for you in 2016!
Deb said…
What a wonderful sparkly winter scene Jennie, love the gorgeous harlequin crackles in the background and your beach hut is so adorable in it's winter finery! Thanks so much for sharing it and wishing you and yours a joyous New Year! Deb xo
Pamellia said…
Just gorgeous Jennie!! Just popped in to say I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I'm sending cheers for a Happy New Year! hugs :)
Simply magical, Jennie - ethereally pale, wonderful delicate textures and just those tiny hints of colour. I just love it.
Alison xx