Let's Make A Scene

And so the countdown begins to Christmas! 


… and as it is the first of the month I am here with my first post of today to share with you the new challenge at Country View Crafts chosen this month by Rachel which is:

Make  A Scene

I made this (tiny!) shadow box using a Barbara Walton die and crackled just about anything I could! 



Although still November it was a snowy day when I made this and the skies were grey so I tried to emulate this in the background and in the inking of the flower using Weathered Wood and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks - a really lovely combination.



Unfortunately it is that time of the year when I am unable to take "how to" pictures as the light is so poor, even during the middle of the day. But I am sure you get the "gist" of what I have done here!

I am sure we all have lots of dies, stamps and papers which can be used for this challenge and we hope that you will find time during this busy month to take part. Do hop on over to the CVC challenge to see some fabulous inspirational projects from the rest of the Design Team.

Thank you for joining me today - I'll be back again shortly!!

Jennie x

Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Fabulous Jennie, those birds are so cute, - a great little scene!
Marci said…
Gorgeous, and cute, too. Such a tiny little scene.
Sandy said…
This is so sweet and what a fantastic idea.
Sandy xx
rachel said…
this is sooo pretty Jennie - I absolutely love it! Brilliant scene! Hugs rachel xx
Shelly Hickox said…
Absolutely gorgeous!!
Enchanting and inspiring Jennie ...thank you!
XxRuth
Sue said…
This is really lovely Jenny, a fabulous Winter scene xx
Brenda Brown said…
Absolutely delightful Jennie, I love the colour combinations, the crackle and the effects from the influences of your more ethereal weather. xxx
So chic the white on white, and I love the 3D landscape of trees... seems as though several of us are dreaming of snowy forests!
Alison xx
Julia Aston said…
What a wonderful all white scene you created Jennie! love the rows of snowy trees and sweet love birds! Julia xx
Doreen said…
Love your gorgeous snowy scene Jennie.xxx
Monika Gulyas said…
Jennei, this is a wonderfully soft and delicate shadowbox! I love that you used only the white colour!
A Pink said…
A lovely scenic shadowbox ! Jennie Love the forest of trees and those crackled birds are so cute . Love the colour combo x