Wish Upon a Star

Hello for the second time this morning! and thanks for joining me again! It is the start of another challenge at Our Creative Corner and the wonderful mixed media master Trish has challenged us to 

Wish Upon A Star

 My challenge to you all this month is a very simple one...Stars!
I have a passion for stars. Stars are incorporated into my email addresses, internet log ins, business name and even my tattoos :) I would love for you all to share your creations, full of stars! 
Star stamps, star die cuts, star embellishments, star shaped backgrounds, it's up to you! 

Use lots, or just the one, as long as there is a star somewhere, you're good to go!



And so quite literally I have placed a "wish" upon a "star" and made two Christmas star decorations.

I had the most wonderful fun at the Coventry Mixology (Deco Art) Event in November and am at the stage of wanting to crackle just about everything, so these stars got the treatment!




This paper mache star was first painted with Deco Art Primary Magenta before being crackled with Deco Art Crackle Paint. I love it !!




I treated this star slightly differently by adding some music paper and covering lightly with gesso before using an Andy Skinner flourish stencil and the Deco Art Crackle Paste. Another winner! - it really is gorgeous crackle to work with.

I do hope you will find some time during this busy month and join us in this starry challenge. Tando Creative are our sponsors this month and there is a fabulous surprise parcel of goodies for the prize winner.

However busy this month gets I do hope you find time for some crafting. 

Thank you for joining me today!

Jennie x








Comments

Tincan Crafter said…
Jennie, these wishes are too adorable. I loved the softness of the palette and the daintiness of these exquisite stars. The crackled one is my favourite but both are so very light and feminine and beautiful. A most stellar submission for the Wish Upon a Star challenge at OCC. - hugs - Candice (Aka Tincan Crafter)
Marci said…
Beautiful stars, and the roses are stunning!
Wow Jennie, love that crackle! The stars are beautiful and will look amazing on a Christmas tree. Hugs Jan x
Trish Latimer said…
Love these Jennie! So elegant and sophisticated (so nothing like me then lol!) Thank you for crating something so fabulous using my theme! Trish x
rachel said…
gorgeous work Jennie - the two stars are just fabulous! awesome crackle! Hugs rachel x
Sandy said…
Beautiful stars!
Sandy xx
Two adorable stars Jennie, stars and your flowers... A winner!!
XxxRuth
Unknown said…
LOVE LOVE these delightful star ornaments, Jennie!! It's easy to go crackle happy isn't it!! :) :) Once you start crackling, you just can't stop :) :) I know what you mean ;) :) These ornaments are simply Stellar, Jennie!! Happy December to you and Merry Christmas to you and yours!! XOXO-Shari
Sue said…
I love these. They are so delicate and romantic.
Julia Aston said…
What lovely star ornaments you've created Jennie! love the backgrounds and your gorgeous pink tinged roses - they will look so pretty on a tree or anywhere they are hung! Julia xx
Lys said…
Brilliant stars! So elegant and shabby chic for me... Beautiful ornaments!
Oh how charming! Ethereal (just as a star should be!), delicate, and so pretty with that lovely crackle. I especially love the crackled flourish over the music - beautiful.
Alison xx
A Pink said…
Jennie your creations just ooze elegance and class and these two beauties are definitely both . Beautifully embellished and crackled . These stars are certainly not just for Christmas . x