A Vintage Christmas


Today we start a new challenge over at A Vintage Journey and the lovely Annie is our host this month and she has chosen the theme:

A Vintage Christmas

Use your dies, stamps, rub ons - anything 
you choose to create a Vintage Christmas 
card, home decor piece or a gift for someone special.


Now that we are into December I don't mind starting to make Christmas decorations! I used a Spellbinders die to cut the base for my decoration. I cut one in Coasterboard and then covered both sides using Tim's Yuletide Paper Stash. The lovely little label comes from the sheet of tickets at the back of the paper stash. 


I love making these snowy white crispy poinsettias using Tim's Tatterred Poinsettia Die. Click the link HERE if you want to see the tutorial on my blog from last Christmas. These poinsettias were made with white cardstock which I spritzed with Perfect Pearls before they dried. Instead of a brad in the centre I used these lovely white stamens for a real Christmas look.


The addition of a few more Christmassy embellishments were just enough to give it a vintage Christmas feel.

I do hope you will join us for our challenge and do hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see a fabulous array of projects from my fellow Creative Guides. You can't fail to be inspired!

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you have a lovely weekend - gales and rain are forecast here, so plenty of time to catch up with writing Christmas cards and wrapping presents.

Jennie x

Comments

Julia Aston said…
What a beautifully designed ornament Jennie! I love the gray and cream colors - the stripes of the paper - the pretty ephemera and your gorgeous signature bloom! Julia xx
Marci said…
This decoration is beautiful! I love the poinsettias, and the leaves, too. Very elegant.
Ruth said…
Exquisite, the flower is perfection, made me catch my breath x
Brenda Brown said…
What a darling little Christmas ornament Jennie, beautifully put together and looking superb with your amazing white poinsettia.
We have sun and a blue sky this morning (first time for ages) but I need to get cards written too.
Have a great weekend (even with the gales and rain).
hugs Brenda xxx
Redanne said…
Jennie, as always, your flower is just exquisite and really draws the eye in to your stunning decoration. The grey background compliments the flower beautifully and the pearls give it a very luxurious feel. Simply gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx
So gorgeous, Jennie (I was going to say exquisite, but Ruth got there before me!)... the gentle white and green is so pretty, and your flower is just phenomenal. Wonderful, wonderful work.
Alison xx
Candy C said…
Jennie...this is a lovely elegant Chridtmas ornament. Thanks for sharing.
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh Jennie this is just the perfect elegant vintage Christmas decoration! Stunning, I so love the gentle colour tones and the flower is absolutely amazing! What a beautiful ornament!
A Pink said…
So elegant, so classy ! Jennie . Such a beautiful Christmas decoration . Your stunning crisp white Poinsetta is so much better than the real thing imho and I love how you have kept everything else minimal allowing it to be the eye catcher that it is . Stay safe this weekend xx
Deb said…
Jennie, what a beautiful and elegant vintage Christmas ornament! Love the understated Yuletide papers background that acts as a perfect backdrop to your stunning poinsettia. It is absolutely gorgeous! All of your embellishments work together perfectly to showcase that beautiful flower. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and off to take a look at your tutorial on how to make this stunning flower! Deb xo
S@ndy Diller said…
so lovely and so YOU. This is an ornament to be treasured. So nicely done. S@ndy xx
Annie said…
Wow!! I love your Christmas ornament Jennie and the poinsettia is absolutely beautiful.....like a perfect Christmas Rose.

Tfs and best wishes
Annie x
Maggie said…
Beautiful vintage Christmas decoration Jennie, love the white poinsettia .
MaggieH
Pamellia said…
Gorgeous Jennie!! I love the fancy shaped base, so very unique, and the striped pattern works so well as a background. That flower is so lush, I want to reach in and touch it to see it it's as soft as it looks! Just beautiful!! hugs :)
Jenny Marples said…
Beautiful, elegant, balanced, exceptionally wonderfully hand crafted vintage decoration - Jennie it's superb! Jenny x
Suzanne C said…
Elegant and beautiful!